Tilt & Turn
Most of the Tilt & Turn windows installed in North America are designed and built in Europe and exported to North America through a tiered network of distributors, agents and dealers. However, it has been our experience that the luxury residential market in North America continues to retain a strong preference for out-swing casements, driven primarily by two factors:
1) Tilt & Turn are in-swing windows. As such, the floor space around the window has to be kept clear for the window to operate. With a 36” (91cm) wide in-swing opening, for example, the homeowner sacrifices nine square feet of interior floor space, multiplied by the construction cost per square foot, multiplied by the total number of in-swing windows.
2) With in-swing windows, issues such as the fit and function of curtains, blinds, screens and other window treatments become more problematic.
Dynamic’s Tilt & Turn was designed and built specifically for the North American luxury residential market. We depart from the typical European design by offering flexible full depth jambs, true divided lites, North American glazing specifications, multiple wood species and split species, flexible stile, rail and frame dimensions and multiple factory pre-finishing options.
- Flexible stile and rail dimensions
- True Divided Lite widths from 15/16" (2.4cm)
- Multiple wood species or split species
- Historical bead profile combinations
- Restoration and laminated glazing options
- Solid brass decorative hardware
- All functional hardware and fasteners are stainless steel or non-ferrous metal
- Fixed exterior wood framed screen
- Flexible jamb depths, jambs with stress relief kerfs for added strength
- Factory pre-finishing at component stage
Optionsglass hardware profiles split species factory pre-finishing security screens
- Jambs can be specified with flashing kerfs to assist with installation
- Minimum stile and rail dimension is 2.5" (6.4cm) for Tilt & Turn hardware.